We really got our hands dirty on this project, with a complete makeover of a basement – which we transformed from a shell into a very stylish and well-specced home theatre room.
We adjusted beams, finished off the concrete floor, sheeted the walls, installed cabling, in-wall and in-ceiling speakers – as well as star ceiling panels, carpeting, step profile lighting and custom cabinetry.
Highlights of this installation…
Custom Manhattan cinema-style seating
The client wanted a distinctive look for their seating, and went for a beautiful tan brown leather with diamond Bentley-style stitching and stainless steel cup holders. We love it, and so do they!
Manhattan noise solation vinyl
This product is a high-performance soundproofing material designed to enhance privacy by minimising sound transmission. It was installed under carpet in the bedrooms above the home cinema room to block and absorb sound penetration to these areas.
Origin Acoustics speakers
We installed a series of Origin Acoustics speakers – including in-wall fronts, in-wall rears and a pair of in-ceilings to add height for Atmos audio. The brand’s speakers are known for their wide soundstage and accurate imaging – which means they reproduce the audio of a source faithfully. That means you get crisp highs, warm mid tones, and powerful bass for a truly immersive audio experience.
All the gear we supplied and installed
All the components supplied and installed in this home theatre installation included:
- Manhattan Cinema-Style Seating: New Yorker Pro config 420 and config 320
- Manhattan noise isolating vinyl
- Manhattan slat acoustics for rear wall
- Epson 9400 projector
- Grandview 120” Fixed Acoustical screen
- Apple TV
- Yamaha Aventage RXA6A amplifier
- Origin Acoustics LCR67 in-wall fronts as LCR x 3
- Origin Acoustics C65 in-wall rear speakers
- Origin Acoustics D81 in-ceiling speakers as Atmos speakers
- 2 x Velodyne Impact 12” subwoofers
- Sonos zoned audio throughout the house with Origin Acoustics in-ceiling speakers
- Star ceiling panels for the night sky look
- Step profile lighting for the full cinema experience
- Custom cabinetry housing all the AV gear
Why use us for your home theatre project?
Unlike other home theatre installers who contract work out, we do it all ourselves!
That’s right – our team of techs and installers get their hands dirty taking care of everything including the structural works like:
- Data cabling installation
- Blocking in walls
- Building bulkheads
- Building steps ups and platforms
- Carpet (supply and installation)
- Curtains and blinds (supply and installation)
- Electrical (lighting and powerpoint installation)
- Seating and custom (supply and install)
- Custom cabinetry (design, supply and installation).
We also advise which components suit your space, and supply leading brands such as Sonos, Epson Jamo, B&W, Yamaha, Yamaha Aventage, Optoma, RTI, Samsung, LG, Sony and BenQ. And when all your gear is installed we also calibrate your audio and video for pixel perfect images and crystal clear audio – using dedicated equipment.
Like what you see? Then why not browse some of our other recent projects to see what we are capable of.