We took over this large (7m x 3m) home theatre room while this new build house was still being constructed, with the client requesting a number of features including:
- Cinema-style luxury seating with a double step up to allow 3 rows of seats to be installed.
- A 5.1.4 Dolby Atmos system built around a Yamaha RXA2080 AV receiver and Jamo in-ceiling speakers.
- Cabinetry, acoustic panels and carpet installation.
If you are not familiar with cinema style seating in a home theatre environment let’s take a closer look at the practicalities of installing seating in a dedicated home cinema room or open plan living area.
Installing home cinema seating
If you want the best seat in the house, installing home cinema seating can help you take your home theatre space to the next level. Here are all the practicalities you need to think about when planning your project:
- How much space do I have to work with?
- How many seats and rows do I want?
- What is the optimum placement or layout of the seating to optimise visibility and sound quality?
- What is the optimum viewing distance?
- Do I need a riser or tiered step up for optimum visibility for rear seats?
- Do I need LED step lighting for safety and ambience?
- Does my room need soundproofing?
We can take care of all aspects of your home cinema seating needs, including all structural works like building tiered step ups and platforms, carpet supply and installation – as well as custom seating supply and install.
For this project we installed Manhattan’s New Yorker Pro series in a three row configuration. This is an Aussie brand who creates high quality cinema seating with multiple features like a choice of leathers, stitching, and cup holder colours. The Pro series killer feature is the premium motorised recliner mechanism with an ultra quiet ‘Stealth’ motor, for silent adjustment, as well as a handmade solid wood frame for rock solid stability and durability.
Audio and video tech components supplied and installed
Components supplied and installed in this fit-out included:
- Epson TW9400
- 120” fixed frame screen
- Yamaha RXA2080
- 3 x Jamo IC610LCR in-ceiling speakers as fronts
- 3 x Pairs Jamo IC408 in-ceiling speakers as rears and Atmos
- 1 x Jamo C912 Subwoofer
- Apple TV
- Fetch TV
- Manhattan New Yorker Pro series seating (Config 320 x 3 rows)
- Step lighting profile with LED strip
- Ubiquiti Wifi system throughout the house
- TV wall mounts throughout the house
Home Theatre Installation: Customised to your lifestyle and specifications
What makes us different is that we do all the work ourselves, taking into account your lifestyle and budget
This can involve structural works – which depending on your project could include:
- Blocking in walls
- Building bulkheads
- Building steps ups and platforms
- Carpet (supply and installation)
- Curtains and blinds (supply and installation)
- Electrical (lighting and powerpoint installation)
- Custom seating (supply and installation)
- Custom cabinetry (design, supply and installation).
We also advise which components suit your space, including leading brands such as Sonos, Heos, Jamo, B&W, Yamaha, Yamaha Aventage, Optoma, RTI, Samsung, LG, Sony and BenQ.
Why not browse some of our recent projects to see what we are capable of.
Give us a call today on 1800 144 199 to get your home theatre project off the ground!