Complete custom fitout in this room which started as a formal lounge but was never used by the client. We assessed the room and the size was perfect for us to create that in home cinema experience.
The team set to work to drop the ceiling height, close off the rear of the room, frame in the step up, install double folding doors on the side, carpet, curtains, painting, cabinetry and last but not least the amazing talent of the Universal installers putting in 500 kit optic fibre ceiling which involves drilling 500 x 1mm holes and inserting the fibres through, patching the ceiling and spraying with Dulux theatre black.
Components in this room included
– Epson TW9300 – ISF Projector
– Grandview 110” Screen
– Yamaha RXA870 Amplifier
– Jamo IC610LCR front left, right and centre in ceiling speakers
– Jamo IC408 surround and surround back speakers
– Jamo Sub800 subwoofers x 2
– Panasonic DMR PWT 500GB Blu Ray with twin tuner
– Apple Ipad Mini (for use with control)
– RTI XP6 Control processor
– Domus 90mm 13W Dimmable black downlights x 6
– Manhattan New Yorker Config 540 and 430 for both rows seating (Front & Back)
We also added the special touch in this room with finding out from the customer there favorite movie of all time and adding a gloss framed ‘The Godfather’ as a gift.
As with all of Universal Home Theatre Systems we include a full Audio and Video ISF calibration Audio is 50% of the motion picture experience. It needs to be calibrated as well as your video. A sound pressure level meter should be used. A sound pressure level meter acoustically measures each speaker to bring the level of each speaker to the correct reference level.
All in all this was a great project and along with our strategic partners who carry out the building works, painting, carpets, cabinetry and curtains rooms like this happen in a matter of 2-3 weeks from start to finish.